Would you like me to speak at your event? Get in touch!
I can address a variety of topics on social media and marketing, from trends, to content creation, engagement, and measurement. I can also discuss marketing – how to develop a plan, marketing strategy, and more.
You can view some of my past presentions on SlideShare:
* Chicago Writers Conference | Oct. 24-26 2014
Topic: Painless & Fun Book Marketing Tactics for Self-Published Authors
Earlier in 2014
* Self-Publishing Marketing & Distribution | Chicago Women in Publishing | March 2014
Today’s self-publishing technology enables authors with an entrepreneurial spirit to get their work published, but it also means authors have to address issues traditionally handled by publishing houses. Join us on Wednesday, March 19 for a panel discussion focusing on two of the biggest self-publishing challenges: book marketing and distribution. Panelists include Mark Levine of Hillcrest Media Group in Minneapolis, local author Samantha Hoffman, content and social media strategist Paula Krapf, and Richard T. Williams of Independent Publisher’s Group (IPG)
* Secrets of Smart Self-Publishing | March 2014 http://www.chicagowritersconference.org/2014/03/05/recap-secrets-smart-self-publishing/
If the crowd was any indication, self-publishing is a burning hot topic these days. Our latest Writers Night Out: Secrets of Smart Self-Publishing was the biggest one yet. We learned so much from our panel of experts that it’s impossible to write down all the info on a quick blog post.
* Chicago Self-Publishing MeetUp | October 2013 http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Self-Publishing/events/143077572/
How to Market Your Book & Still Have Time to Write: Authors hear a lot about how they must market their books in order to succeed — it’s all about platforms, discovery, and building buzz. But what does all this mean to an author who’s already juggling writing with family, work, and life in general? Join us on October 17 at the Lincoln Park Library to hear book marketing expert Paula Krapf explain what the jargon means, and how you can be active – and successful – with your book promotion.
* How to Market Your Book and Still Have Time to Write: Thursday, Oct. 17, 2013 6:16 p.m. | Lincoln Park Library Chicago, IL
* Book/Author Publicity and Social Media Use:
Saturday, May 11 | Fremont Public Library Mundelein, IL; Ela Area Public Library District Lake Zurich, IL
* Chicago Women in Publishing Self-Publishing and Publicity Panel | April 17, 2013
* Inside Writing & Publishing April 11, 2013 at 7 p.m. | Des Plaines Public Library
* Off Campus Writers Workshop | February 2012
Book/Author Publicity and Social Media Use Presentation to Off Campus Writer’s Workshop Feb. 23, 2012. This workshop explained why authors must have an online presence and covered topics including websites, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and Goodreads.
Keep up with Paula’s latest Tweets
The latest The Paula Krapf Geneva Report! t.co/fInR0nrpXP
The latest The Paula Krapf Geneva Report! t.co/mZ3xVxOv6d